Have y’all seen our Say it With Words fabric panels? I have been playing around with them for a couple of months now. They really are a lot fun and you can make just about anything with them. I wanted to show the most recent project I did using our Things Quilter’s Really Think IV panel
I also used the Sassy Jelly Roll and for the backing I used 54″ Dottie Fabric in celery. In the picture above you can see where I had already cut the fabric panel apart into the individual sayings.
I used a basic log cabin pattern with strips from the jelly roll to surround each saying.
I couldn’t decide if i wanted to use them as a quilt or cut them up individually. I am soooo in love the Sassy fabrics….love, love, love them…aren’t these colors gorgeous.
I decided to cut them up into individual squares. With this panel you get 24 different sayings.
I finished them all of by adding a grommet to the corner of each.
These would make great little gifts for all of your quilter friends. There are so many ideas that you could try with these panels. You could make a quilt. Break them up and make a wall hanging. I think these will be cute broken up into groups of 4 and given as coasters.
I am having so much fun with these panels. Look forward to see many more in the the coming days.
I hope you are all having a GREAT day!
Let’s Go Sew!
I am always looking for a cute gift ideas to make for babies. The thing I love most about this one is that whether it is the first baby or the fifth, Burp Rags are ALWAYS needed 🙂 This is my first attempt at a tutorial, so please let me know what you think.
- Cloth Diapers
- Fabric – I used fat quarters, but this can be done with large scraps you have lying around
- Tape Measure
- Rotary Mat
- Rotary Blade
- Sewing Machine
- Iron your diaper so that it is nice and flat.
- You will need to measure the length and width of the inner padded area of the diaper.
- Take your measurements and add 1″.
- Cut your piece of fabric to your measurements. My diaper measured 5″ x 19-1/2″ so I cut my fabric 6″ x 21-1/2″. TIP: Don’t assume all diapers are created equal. My experience has shown that they can be off by at least 1/2″ from each other.
- Press a 1/2″ seam all around the edges of your fabric. I like to turn the corners in to make prettier edges.
- Pin the fabric onto the diaper as shown in the picture.
- Now comes the time for sewing! Choose any stitch that you would like – I prefer to use my zig zag stitch. You will want to stitch as close to the edge of the fabric as possible. TIP: I like to use white thread in my bobbin so it doesn’t show on the under side of the diaper.
- Once you stitch around all 3 sides, you are done!!! Repeat as many times as your heart desires 🙂
Stay tuned for an upcoming tutorial on a coordinating Diaper Pouch – a must-have for the on-the-go Mom. It carries a few diapers and wipes in a cute little case.
Don’t forget to check our website for the perfect fabric to use on these adorable burp cloths!