A few weeks ago, I stumbled across this adorable idea on Pinterest and decided to re-create for the upcoming Independence Day celebration! It was tucked away in the back of my mind, but when I ran across the flags in the Dollar Section at Target, the idea was born.
- Small fabric flags – I found these at Target and they were 3/$1 🙂
- Jumbo Ric Rac
- Wonder Under
- Sewing Machine
- Cut the flags off the sticks to a uniform size – mine ended up being 4″ x 6″.
- Apply Wonder Under to the flags.
- Cut burlap to desired size – mine are 7″ x 7″ square. If you need tips on how to cut burlap straight, check out our tutorial.
- Iron the flags onto your burlap squares and stitch around the edges to secure. Make sure you leave enough room at the top of the square to add the ric rac.
- Stitch the ric rac to the top of the squares. I left about 12 inches of “tail” on both ends so that I can hang however and wherever I want.
And voila, you are done and ready to hang! Here’s wishing you and yours a blessed holiday – and prayers to all the wonderful servicemen and women who help provide the independence and freedom we live under.