Have you ever seen our collection of toweling and thought “so cute, but what would I do with it?” Well, here’s one thing… you can make your own kitchen towels.
- 2 yards of the toweling of your choice. Check out our selection here.
- Coordinating thread
- Twill tape or trim of your choice
- Iron and ironing board
- Rotary cutter
- Rotary mat
- Sewing machine
- Take your 2 yards of toweling and fold into equal thirds. Press the folds.
- Using your rotary cutter, cut just to the edge of the fold, creating 3 equal pieces of toweling.
- Fold over the edge the same distance as the side seams and press.
- Fold over again to enclose the raw edge.
- Repeat on the other end.
- Cut approximately 5-1/2″ of trim (you can alter depending on the size of the hook you want) and fold in half.
- Slide the raw edges of the trim under the folded seam and pin into place.
- Sew the seams down, staying close to the edge.
And voila, you now have 3 new kitchen towels!
Happy Sewing! ~Jill